Wednesday 26 June 2013

Being Brave

I know a lot of people out there are probably not wasting their time reading my blog but I would hope that those who are, I am inspiring you to do something. Now this something doesn't mean to leave home for a year like myself, but it is to do something courageous in your everyday life.

I watched a film today called Eat Pray Love. In this movie Liz goes on a year long journey through Italy, India, and Bali, in order to find herself and create a balance in her life. Along the way she tastes good food, makes life-long friends, and falls in love. This movie represented everything that I wanted in my exchange.

I am leaving behind everything I know here in Canada and venturing forth into unknown teritories  without a clue of what I am getting myself into. I am leaving behind people that I may never see again, and best friends who I won't be as close to, and my family who has always been there for me no matter how crazy the circumstances. Most of all I am leaving behind who I once was, the person who I will never be again.

People ask me, "why exchange?"  My response is "Why not?" Through this experience I will see the world. Yes it may only be one corner of the world, but it is one corner of the world that is mine, that will be my home. I want to see what the world has in store for me, and by the time I die I want to have been to every nook and cranny that this wide world has to offer. I want to see everything, experience everything, find my passion and chase it. Travelling is my passion and by God I'm going to do everything in my power to follow that passion.

"If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting (which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments) and set out on a truth-seeking journey (either externally or internally) and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you."
~ Eat Pray Love ~

Good God I hope I am brave enough.
~ Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment